Friday, September 18, 2009

big freaking news.

Okay, big news.... I have raised $2,755.00!!! I had to raise a minimum of $2,400.00, and I set a personal goal of $3,00.00, and I have been so amazed by all the love and generosity I have received. I am so excited I can't even tell you! Also, I got a surprise in my inbox today: a $250.00 anonymous donation. I'm guessing that whoever donated reads my blog, because they wished me luck in my 10 miler tomorrow morning. I hope you're reading this so I can tell you how much I appreciate your donation. Truly, your support of myself and this cause means so very much, thank you.

And thank you to everyone who has supported me along the way. I can't tell you how amazing it is to open an envelope, or an email, with a donation and a little note of encouragement. I've been saving each note so I can look back when I'm feeling tired or lazy and I don't want to work out. Ha, you'd be surprised how big a motivation it can be. Thank you.

That's all, I've got to get to bed so I can run tomorrow. Lucy isn't going to be there, so I think I'm going to bring the ipod. I've just downloaded some Priscilla Ahn, Ingrid Michaelson, and Lenka. I guess I'm on a female empowerment kick. Anyway, they're great and you should listen :)


Blessed are those who give without remembering. And blessed are those who take without forgetting. -Bernard Meltzer

1 comment:

  1. Kick butt today and let us know how it goes!!!! We love you-Charlie and Katharine

    and I'll be downloading Priscilla Ahn, especially because this serves as another reminder. I'll talk to you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete